Couples therapy with a sex therapist & psychotherapist
Couples therapy is one of my specialities that I have developed since the beginning of my practice as a sex therapist (sexologist) and psychotherapist. I mainly use the Sexual Crucible approach from David Schnarch simultaneously with different variations of Systemic-Interactional approaches.
I work in collaboration with the couple to clearly elaborate the elements of the dynamic that are problematic and bring the partners to take responsibility in their contribution to their sexual and relationship difficulties. Partners are often reluctant to consult a sex therapist psychotherapist because of shyness or fear that couples therapy will bring about the end of the relationship.
On the contrary, the work of a sex therapist psychotherapist is to identify problematic issues in the relationship and help but partners to correct the inadequate and dysfunctional behaviours and patterns.
Issues in relationships are normal and there are solutions to solve them. They actually allow us to become better individuals and partners to each other, as well as increase sexual & relationship satisfaction. Do not lose the opportunity to have a better love life by avoiding sex and couples therapy.
My specialties are:
- Different levels of sexual desire between partners
- Getting out of sexual routine and boredom
- Increase sexual satisfaction
- Increase sexual presence and connection
- Managing an infidelity or extra-marital relationships
- Work on mind-mapping abilities
- Negotiation of relationship status (monogamy, open relationship, Swinging, polyamorous, etc.)
- Communication problems (Tolerating intimacy)
- Normal Marital Sadism
- Collaborative, combative, collusive of lack of alliance
- Recurring and repetitive conflicts (2 choice dilemmas)
- Other possible issues
Cost and duration of a therapy session
The sessions are 50 minutes and cost 95$.
Receipts for private insurances and taxe returns are available.