Why should we consult in sex therapy?
The process of sex therapy involves helping individuals or couples manage sexual difficulties, hence improving their sex lives. It is also possible to clarify one's feelings about the situation so that there is a better understanding of it. If you have relationship or emotional difficulties relating to seduction, intimacy, performance anxiety, or you are exploring your sexual orientation and sexual identity, or you are unsatisfied with your sex life, going through a sex-therapy process may be beneficial for you and/or your couple. The sessions lasts 50 minutes in length and cost 90$ each.
Book an appointment with the information listed in the contact section.
Receipts are available on demand for health insurance plans and for tax returns.
Therapy sessions are also available through SKYPE or FACETIME.
Procedure for webcam sessions.
Each individual has his own path in life and sexuality is a way of exploring and achieving a sense of well-being. My objective as a sex-therapist is to accompany people through this process so they can live their sexuality with pleasure! I perceive the human being through all of his dimensions; intellectual, relational, physiological, psychological and through the expressions of ones body. I am trained in the Sexocorporel approach which emphasizes the union between the body and the mind as a means of helping individuals. It is to be noted that no sexual or erotic contact is used during sex-therapy sessions. The Sexo-existential & Humanistic approach, as well as the Sexual Crucible are integrated eclectically in the therapy sessions.
Who should consult a sex therapist & psychotherapist for therapy?
Anyone who would like to enhance their sex life or has difficulties in their sexuality and/or love life: sex-therapy can help you understand your own and your couples dynamic. For example:
- You are wondering how to deal with a (sexual) conflict in your couple;
- You desire to communicate your needs to your partner but you don't know how;
- You would like to enhance your sexual intimacy with your partner;
- You are having difficulties or unable to establish or maintain a healthy loving/sexual relationship and you don't understand the reasons.
- Low Sexual desire issues
- Trouble maintaining or having an erection
- Troubles with rapid/premature ejaculation
- Trouble obtaining an orgasm, anorgasmia
- Sexual compulsion
- Pain during penetration, dyspareunia
- Feelings of disgust about sexuality, sexual aversion
- Dependence towards pornography, prostitution
- Exhibitionism, voyeurism
- Troubling sexual fantasies
- Sexual abuse
- Questions about your sexual orientation
- Evaluation for gender dysphoria / transgender / transsexual
- Sexual/gender identity questioning, dysphoria
- Troubles with (sexual) intimacy (Conflict resolution)
- Difficulty with seducing/flirting
- Issues with communication
- Excessive jealousy
- Lack of confidence and self-esteem
- Getting out of sexual routine and boredom
- Body image distortions
- Extra-marital relations, infidelities
- Negotiating relationship status (monogamy, kink, polyamorous, open relationship, etc.)
- Differences in levels of sexual desire between partners
- Marital violence
- Stress, performance anxiety
- Repetition of relationship patterns
- Sexual presence anxiety
- Separation, divorce, mourning
Sexual issues related to health
- Pregnancy, infertility
- Abortion, miscarriage
- Menopause, andropause
- Sexual impact of sexually transmitted infections (STI's)
- Gynecological or urological issues