Group and individual supervision
Supervision is offered to sexologist (sex therapist) as well as other professionals (psychotherapist, couples & family therapist, social workers etc.) that want to increase their knowledge and therapeutic skills.
- Systemic-Interactional (Sexual Crucible from David Schnarch)
Subjects that can be explored in supervision
- Understand the etiology of sexual difficulties and their treatment
- Explore difficulties that can be faced in a private practice
- Establish and solidify your therapeutic style
- Better utilize therapeutic tools and concepts (Normal Marital Sadism, LDP & HDP positions, couple alliances, self-validation intimacy, etc.)
- Recognize difficult aspects and limits of your therapeutic skills
- Avoid compassion fatigue by elaborating preventive strategies
- Improve mind-mapping abilities with clients in therapy
- Explore notions of resonance, transfer and counter-transfer
- Reflect on ethical aspects in your practice
- Help start your private practice or expand upon your services
Specialities in supervision
- Couple’s therapy
- Differences in levels of sexual desire
- Rapid ejaculation
- Seduction skills (Flirting)
- Nice guy syndrome
- Different relationship status (polyamorous, open relationship, swinging, kink, etc.)
- Ethical questions concerning money, marketing and therapeutic impacts
- Clinical supervision
Expectations in supervision
- Capacity to surpass and overcome discomfort in therapy
- Intellectual curiosity
- Integrity and honesty
- Recognition of resistance and self-confrontation
- Openness to reflect on self in their professional practice.
Professional career of supervisor
- Diploma of bachelor degree in sexology at UQAM 2010.
- Diploma of Master degree in clinical sexology at UQAM 2012.
- Workshop leader: Learning marketing skills in psychotherapy: Ethical, therapeutic and legal aspects.
- Teacher in courses such as Counselling I & II, Sexuality and Professionalism, Client-Therapist Relationship, Ethics and Law and General Psychology.
- Public and health professional speaker on sexual education
- Media participation (TV, Radio, Magazine and Newspaper).
- Private practice in sexology and psychotherapy.
- 45 hour university training course in clinical supervision in sexual therapy at UQAM.